• .film domains will only be available to members of the Film Industry.
• .film has strict policies in place to protect the namespace and serve the needs of the Film Industry.
• Public registrants are not eligible for .film domain names.
• A restricted namespace provides exclusive access for the Film Industry to register film title domain names and domain names relating to their organizations, products and services.
Verification and Safeguards
▪ The registrant must be a member of a recognized film industry association or body.
▪ .film domain names must be closely connected to a film title, entity, company, product or service.
▪ If domain name is a film title, registrant must own the film rights to the film title.
▪ If a .film title domain name infringes on the rights of an existing film title, the registry has a dispute mechanism in place that allows the affected party to lodge a complaint under the policy rules.
• .film offers the Film Industry a unique opportunity to reinvent their approach to online content provision.
• .film offers consumers an efficient approach to engage directly with authoritative content.
• More effective online film marketing means reduced overall traditional marketing spend per film and increased revenue generation opportunities.
• .film provides the Film Industry with a readily recognizable namespace to promote their products and services.
• A united Film Industry behind .film collectively promotes a single space devaluing non authentic sites in other namespaces.
• This is a once-off opportunity for the Film Industry to embrace the next generation of internet navigation at the ground level.
Global Film Industry Support
• .film is working together with the Film Industry to promote the use of .film as an industry standard.
• Through the support of the Film Industry, .film domain names will raise awareness of genuine and authoritative content.
• .film is the only TLD that has policies in place developed in consultation with the Film Industry to safeguard the rights of the Film Industry.